Ductless Air Conditioning Services in Columbia
Whether you need to provide cooling comfort to a single room or every room of your house, a ductless AC system may be what your Columbia, SC home needs. Ductless mini-split units work well for residential homes where it may not be practical or possible to install traditional air conditioning systems. Krantz’s Kooling and Heating’s service technicians offer complete ductless air conditioning installation, maintenance and repair services. Our service areas include Columbia, Forest Acres, Lexington, Dentsville, Blythewood, Irmo, Chapin, Cayce, West Columbia, SC and the surrounding areas.
What Is a Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioning Unit?
Mini-split AC units feature both a condenser unit positioned outside the home and an air-handling unit located indoors. The air-handling unit houses the system’s evaporator or cooling coil. The air-handling unit itself is generally installed in a place such as a ceiling or wall, and it resembles a room air conditioner that measures only a few inches deep.
With a ductless air conditioner installed in your home, one outdoor unit can provide the power to serve several indoor air-handling units. Instead of needing to make a large hole in the wall for installation — an arrangement that’s typical for room air conditioners — just a 3-inch opening provides enough space needed for a power connection, refrigerant tubing, and other lines needed to connect the air-handling unit and condenser. These lines generally run along the exterior of the house. Some ductless mini-split units can also provide heat to homes.
How Are Columbia, SC Homeowners Using Ductless AC Systems?
Ductless mini-split air conditioning systems work well for many spaces inside the home. Below are some areas where Columbia, SC homeowners are using ductless mini-split units in their living spaces:
- Attic bedrooms
- Finished basements
- Guest bedrooms
- Media rooms
- Patio rooms
- Room additions
What Benefits Do Ductless Mini-Split Units Offer?
Ductless mini-split air conditioners offer several advantages for homeowners seeking efficient, flexible cooling comfort for their homes.
- Individualized Comfort: Since each ductless mini-split unit is its own self-contained system, all members of your household can adjust the temperatures based on their preferences.
- Energy-Efficient Cooling: Over time, your home’s ductwork can develop leaks and gaps in the ductwork. Since ductless mini-split units don’t rely on a home’s ductwork, you don’t need to worry about ductwork problems impacting your system’s energy efficiency. Some ductless air conditioning systems can deliver energy efficiencies up to 30 SEER.
- Simplified Installation: Installing a new ductless mini-split unit in your home requires only about a day of labor, which can significantly save you money on installation costs.
Experience the Energy Efficiency Advantage of a Ductless AC System
Maybe you’re planning a new addition for your home. Maybe you have a basement you’ve recently converted into a play area for the children. An attractive ductless AC system can give you the ability to cool specific areas of your home to your liking.
Contact Krantz’s service technicians to learn how going ductless with your air conditioning system could be the right choice for your home cooling needs. We carry major manufacturer brands of ductless air conditioning systems. Our NATE-certified technicians can install and service your new ductless mini-split unit in your home.
- Are Air Cleaners and Air Purifiers the Same Thing in Lexington, SC? September 12, 2021
- Why Is My Ductless AC Leaking in My Irmo, SC Home? August 12, 2021